Rate Card #18
|Black and White|
|*RJ Marketplace only|
|Mail Order Rates|
|Black and White|
*RJ Marketplace only
Additional Advertising Rates
Add 10% for 2nd and 3rd cover
Add 15% for 4th cover
Add 10% for guaranteed position
Add 25% to the Black and White rate
Disk & E-mail Submission:
Color ads must be supplied with a SWOP-standard composite proof. See specifications for acceptable file submission; unacceptable files will incur additional charges on hourly basis and ultimately may not be publishable.
15% commission allowed to recognized advertising agencies.
Prices and specifications quoted on request
Advertising Closing Dates
|W 2014||SP 2015||SUM 2015||F 2015||W 2015|
|Ad Material Due||10/1/14||1/23/15||4/17/15||7/3/15||9/25/15|
|Received in Homes||11/26/14||3/11/15||6/3/15||8/26/15||11/18/15|
Cancellations and change orders must be submitted to publisher in writing prior to insertion closing dates and are to be considered executed only when acknowledged in writing by publisher.
|Magazine Trim Size||7 3/4" x 10 1/2"|
|Full Page Type Safety||7 1/4" x 10"|
|Full Page Bleed||8" x 10 3/4"|
|2/3 Page||4 1/2" x 9 7/16"|
|1/2 Page Digest||4 1/2" x 7"|
|1/2 Page Horizontal||6 13/16" x 4 5/8"|
|1/3 Page Vertical||2 1/8" x 9 7/16"|
|1/3 Page Square||4 1/2" x 4 5/8"|
|1/6 Page Horizontal||4 1/2" x 2 5/16"|
|1/6 Page Vertical||2 1/8" x 4 3/4"|
|1/12 Page||2 1/8" x 2 5/16"|
Ad Submission Requirements
- Email submission strongly preferred
- Send high resolution PDF incorporating all graphic elements in the final document. All fonts, screen, printer, and imagery need to be embedded in graphic files
- Fractional ads should include borders/rules.
- Acceptable image resolution: 300 DPI.
- Color set as CMYK only.
- Proof: For color ads, provide a SWOP proof at 100%
- If necessary, work done to prepare ads to conform to these requirements will be charged to the advertiser.
Joy Weinberg, Advertising Director
Milton Lieberman, Senior Marketing Consultant
Address all inquiries and advertising materials to:
633 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10017-6778
Tel: 212.650.4242, Fax: 212.650.4249
Copy & Contract Regulations
- Deadline: Advertiser or authorized agency must forward materials to RJ in accordance with the deadline schedule and rate card. When change of copy is not received by the closing date, copy run in a previous issue will be inserted.
- Cancellation and/or Changes in Orders must be submitted to publisher in writing prior to closing date and are to be considered executed only when acknowledged in writing by publisher.
- Acceptance: All advertising is subject to the publisher's approval. The publisher reserves the right to reject advertising which he feels is not keeping with the publication's standard.
- Advertisement Copy: Publisher reserves the right to place the word "advertisement" with copy which in the publisher's mind resembles editorial.
- Size: Ads not meeting specific size requirements will be reduced or enlarged as necessary at the discretion of the publisher. Work done to an ad to make it conform will be billed to the advertiser.
- Position: The publisher reserves the right to give better position than specified in the order, at no increase in rate. Requests for specified position are given consideration but no guarantee is made unless the position premium has been provided for in the advertising agreement.
- Payments: All first-time advertisers must pre-pay before the advertising insertion deadline. All advertising payments due Reform Judaism magazine are to be received by RJ no later than within 60 days after the advertising invoice date. If payment is not received within 60 days of the invoice date, RJ magazine reserves the right to charge the balance to the advertiser/agency credit card on file and advertiser/agency agrees that such payment is acceptable. In addition, the advertiser/agency will be responsible for all collection costs, attorney fees, and court costs on any unpaid balance.
- Short rate: Advertisers failing to complete a frequency agreement will be charged at the rate earned and the difference billed for the past insertions. The insertions must appear in three of four issues each year.
For more information see Advertising Inquiries and Reservations